This challenge is hosted by the amazing Yvonne from Socrates’ Book Reviews and can be found at her What An Animal Reading Challenge website.
Many of our readers might have noticed that I love animals. When i saw this challenge mentioned on twitter i knew i had to take part in it.
Here is what Yvonne says about the challenge:
The What an Animal Reading Challenge V will begin on March 1, 2012 and end on February 28, 2013. The rules are really simple…
1. Read at least 6 books that have any of the following requirements:
a. there is an animal in the title of the book
b. there is an animal on the cover of the book
c. an animal plays a major role in the book
d. a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you’d like).
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)–dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark…dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf…you get the idea…
3. Challenge runs from March 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013. That’s a full year to read at least 6 books (you can read more if you’d like). You can still sign up after March 1st as long as you can get 6 books read by February 28, 2013).
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don’t have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don’t have a blog, just post in the comment section that you’d like to join. You can post your books in there.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
If you’d like to sign up, please use Mr. Linky HERE: What An Animal Reading Challenge!
I will list my six books here, as well as listing them on Mr. Linky.
I will have links for completed reviews each month.
I have already chosen my six books, and these are books i have wanted to read for a while. Here is my list with the use of animal associated with it…
* Department 19 (Will Hill) – Use of Vampires in the story
* Dewey’s Nine Lives (Vicki Myron with Bret Witter) – Use of a cat in the story
* Full Dark, No Stars (Stephen King) – Use of a wolf on the cover
* Golden Filly: Collection 1 – The Race, Eagle’s Wings, Go For Glory, Kentucky Dreamer and Call For Courage (Lauraine Snelling) – Use of horses in the 5 stories
* Heartless (Anne Elisabeth Stengl) – Use of dragons in the story
* Wild Wolf (Karen Whiddon) – Use of shape-shifters (werewolves) in the story
I am really looking forward to this challenge. There is still time for you to be involved too =)